Transition is an important part of moving form any school. We have policies and procedures in place to do the utmost to ensure that students transfer smoothly from Year 6 to Year 7.
At Irlam and Cadishead Academy, your child’s wellbeing is the vital foundation on which we build their learning. Children need to be confident and enthusiastic when attending their ‘new’ academy in order to learn well. To support this positive process your child will engage in a variety of activities designed to help them feel comfortable with the Academy, the staff, the curriculum and their peers. These include:
- Using the academies sports facilities
- Taking part in a variety of learning experiences
- Attending open evenings
They will also take part in:
- Visits from Irlam and Cadishead Academy staff and Student Ambassadors to talk about the transition process
- Visits from specialist staff including the Transition Coordinator, the Children’s Trust Practitioner and the SENCo
- Presentations from the academy Principal
- Year 5 taster lessons
- Year 6 taster lessons
- The two-day Year 6 induction programme
- Invitations to view the academies productions
Crucially, you will also be involved in your child’s transition through a Year 6 induction evening for Parents/Carers. The most important thing to us at Irlam and Cadishead Academy is that you feel that you have all the information you need, are able to ask questions and feel confident that your child is making a smooth and worry-free transition from primary to secondary school.
Please contact the Transition Co-ordinator on 0161 921 2109 if you have any questions or concerns.