Academy confirmed as host venue for ‘Train to teach’ event
Irlam and Cadishead Academy are delighted to be confirmed as the host venue for Greater Manchester’s United Teaching ‘Train to teach’ event, taking place on Tuesday 21st January 2020. Preparations are well underway to welcome prospective teachers looking to kick start their career in the classroom.
United Teaching offers real teaching exposure in a choice of schools, a mentor system, a support network, professional qualifications, as well as continuous professional development throughout the duration of your career with United Learning. Course graduates who gain a substantive role in United Learning are paid up to 5% more than in a maintained school and have access to a range of lifestyle and retail perks. The course is designed to bring out the best in your teaching skills quickly, professionally and comprehensively. It is a scheme aimed at creating the teachers of tomorrow and the education leaders of the future.
There are many benefits of training to teach with United Teaching:
- Professional qualifications – every trainee works to achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and you can also work towards a PGCE with 60 Master’s level credits; What's the difference between PGCE and QTS?
- World-class training led by outstanding schools, with sessions delivered by national educationalists;
- Individual support and mentoring from our teachers of excellence;
- A wide range of experience gained with your choice of primary, secondary, state and independent schools;
- Competitive trainee salary or tax-free bursaries;
- Continued support and mentoring through your NQT year;
A structured pathway throughout your career with us at United Learning, and NQTs who join one of our academies will be paid up to 5% more than a maintained school.
Toni Holdsworth, principal, spoke of the announcement “We are delighted to be selected for the second consecutive year as a host venue for United Teaching’s train to teach event in Greater Manchester. We understand the value in supporting our teachers of tomorrow and we look forward to an action-packed day here at the academy.
“If you are local and thinking about teaching then I would highly recommend our training programme at United Learning. There have been many successes across our school, we are proud of the progress each of our trainees have made over the years. We cannot wait to meet and support our future generation of teachers on their path to future success.”
It is not too late to register for our ‘Train to teach’ event. To find out more information and to register your interest please CLICK HERE.