Have you got what it takes to be a parent governor on the Local Governing Body for Irlam and Cadishead Academy?
We are always interested in looking for a committed parents to bring 'the best in everyone' to our local governing body. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people at our Academy and contribute to our ongoing success.
Do you have:
- An interest in improving education for all pupils, not just your own child?
- The skills and personality required to support and challenge the Academy to continually strive for improvement?
- An interest in our young people’s future?
- Time, energy and enthusiasm?
- A desire to make a difference?
- Readiness to accept responsibility?
- An ability to work as a team?
- Are you happy to ask questions, listen and learn?
- A commitment to the United Learning ethos and values “The Best in Everyone”
What do Local Governors do?
As a Local Governor, your duties will include supporting and challenging the Leadership Team on their school improvement journey. You will attend and contribute to meetings of the LGB and be an ambassador and critical friend of the Academy.
The LGB is a committee of the United Learning Multi-academy Trust (MAT), with delegated responsibilities clearly set out in the Scheme of Delegation.
United Learning is a group of schools committed to providing excellent education through which all pupils are able to progress, achieve and go on to succeed in life. United Learning’s approach is underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children and young people, supporting colleagues to achieve excellence and acting with integrity in all our dealings within and beyond the organisation, in the interests of young people everywhere. We summarise this ethos as ‘the best in everyone’.
Why become a school governor?
There are many benefits to becoming a governor:
- Develop your professional skills and experience in areas such as strategic planning, chairing, policy implementation, and teamwork, all of which are valued by employers and can assist your career development;
- Build relationships and networks in your local area and;
- Support children and young people in your community.
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a parent governor, please contact the Chair of Governor at ClerkToGovernors@irlamandcadishead.org.uk