Through setting high standards of academic achievement and delivering an education with character, we strive to bring out ‘the best in everyone’. This ethos, which we share with all United Learning schools, summarises our commitment to ensuring each and every student can thrive.
Secondary school is a time for students to build on the foundations of learning and gain the knowledge, skills and qualifications they need to move on successfully. It is also an opportunity to develop positive qualities and characteristics that will prepare them for life in today’s world. Within our calm and supportive school environment, our young people are therefore encouraged to challenge themselves, succeed through failure and grow in confidence.
Our approach is underpinned by our six core values:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others;
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause;
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real;
- Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do;
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests;
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success.